4. WSJ Blog has superb stuff in its assorted section. Read all. Bernanke might make a debut on youtube putting his comments on Se 18 on the video sharing website.
5. Mankiw asks did Fed announce a secret rate cut in August.
7. TT Rammohan has some nice posts- one on India sparkilng (I have my doubts on that, India is growing but lots of issues need to be addressed, you really cannot attribute an oversubscription in a power company to India sparkling.), two on financial inclusion and three on India’s banking system.
Following the bail out of Northern Rock, I can only conclude that the Bank of England is a paper tiger. It talks the ‘no bail out’ talk, but it does not walk the talk.
9. There are some nice articles on education/talent:
Manoj Pant says the problem in Indian education is not colleges but teachers.
10. TCA in his weekly column, points to a newBIS paper.