1. Ajay Shah has done a good analysis of equity markets using IFCI issue. He also points to importance of weather derivatives.
2. WSJ Blog points to an interesting discussion on housing. It also points to an economist’s view saying US economy to face stagflation lite situation. Read this poetry on CDOs as well.
3. Time for Mankiw’s advice on recession. He points to this interesting analysis showing incumbent party’s voting share increases if the economy is doing well.
4. PSD Blog points to a paer showing creative destruction working in banking sector.
5. EPSA Blog reflects on salt workers in Gujarat.
6. Econbrowser points to 4 reasons why recession may be averted.