- IFMR Blog points to its new financing product
- Gulzar summaries several issues on this topic Labor market in the Great Recession
- Cowen asks which country has the largest ramp-up fiscal stimulus? It is Saudi Arabia. Though Saudi is also pretty lowly placed on fiscal transparency.
- Krugman compares Raghu Rajan’s recent article with Schumpeter’s in Great Depression
- Nudges on How McDonald’s uses automatic enrollment
- WSJ Blog points to a new paper from James Bullard of St Louis Fed. He said if US were to slid into Japan style deflation trap, Fed should shift away from interest rate policy and instead focus on “quantitative easing” measures. This would boost inflation expectations if inflation shows signs of ticking lower.
- John Taylor reflects on the new Blinder-Zandi Working Paper on the Crisis.
- Chinn points last decade warmest on record