- July -2010 unemployment report card continues to show a grim picture. The unemp rate was 9.5%. It is now being called as Great Stall amidst economists. Who invented the term – Steve Blitz of Majestic Research. Gulzar responds; WSJ Blog points to econ’s reaction; IFMR Blog points to a new report on using postal offices for financial inclusion
- Gulzar posts about storing solar power via molten salts. Earlier solar power plants remained idle after sunsets. Now because of innovations, a solar power plant can continue to produce energy 8 hrs after sunset. Though there are huge challenges to be overcome before it becomes commercial.
- TGS on India’s inflation and growth speed limit
- Krugman says we need Peter Diamond as Fed Governor.
- WSJ Blog points Raghuram Rajan on India’s ‘Fault Lines’
- There ia another vigorous debate happening. It is with respect to Congressman Paul Ryan’s plan to consolidate US public finances . Krugman has been criticising it bug time. Taylor on The Ryan Roadmap versus the Road to Ruin; Mankiw points to a few more links
- Hamilton summarises the US economy. It doesn’t look good at all
- PFM BLog on Evaluation of Government Performance and Public Policies in Spain