The links keep piling on and on. All links mostly from Times of India which is doing a great job of pulling news from different corners..
- A banker based out of Mohali Punjab tricked everyone by running away with the new notes! On the other hand, a case of honest banker anxious of not getting cash to meet demands outside.
- Development of barter systems due to currency shortfall – i kg fish = 3 kg of cauliflowers. People don’t realise money evolved to get rid of the barter system.
- Defaulters are coming to pay their loans with old notes of course.
- This is really sad and puts a lot of pressure on the govt. A woman hangs herself for not being able to exchange Rs 4000 of notes. That too in Delhi. Though the police says this was on account of marriage pressures.
- A truck full of old notes overturns
- Amidst cash crunch, billionaire goes ahead with mega wedding.
- People in Ahmedabad, exchanging notes multiple times.