Currency notes have become a new obsession with this blog. After seeing some surprising interest by viewers on the blogpost on new notes in Norway, one decided to see what is happening across the world.
Here are some links of new notes issued across the world in 2016:
- England Started a new GBP 5 note. Collectors show interest in the first series of notes
- Australia’s new bank note is like something from a sci-fi movie
- Argentina Central Bank Puts New $200 Note into Circulation
- Russian Central Bank to introduce 200 and 2,000 ruble notes in late 2017
- People stood in queues in Nepal as well to get new bank notes
- Swiss National Bank unveils new CHF 50 note
- Seychelles to issue new banknotes and coins in December
- Central Bank of Liberia Takes ‘New Money’ To Local Markets
- Concerns in Libya that new notes to disrupt unity in the country
- Malawi introduces 2,000 Kwacha banknote\
- New banknote to feature image of Papuan hero
- Kazakh president gets his own picture on the banknote!
- Central Bank of Costa Rica issue improved new notes
- Macedonia to Issue New 200 & 2,000 Denar Banknotes
- Georgia’s new 100 Lari banknotes released
If visitors know of other new launches, please add to the list. Thanks.